Inlays and Onlays Near You in Caledonia
Inlays and onlays are custom-made dental restorations used to repair back teeth with mild to moderate decay. Also, inlays and onlays can be used for cracked and fractured teeth that don’t have a sufficient amount of damage to require a crown. If you are looking to restore a damaged tooth, contact our dental clinic in Caledonia today to determine if inlays and onlays in York are right for you!
An ideal candidate for inlays or onlays will generally have:
- Excessive damage or decay in the tooth structure that can’t be treated with a filling.
- An adequate amount of healthy tooth remaining to prevent the need for a crown.
This allows our York dentist to conserve more of the patient’s original tooth structure.
If you are interested in learning more about inlays and onlays in York , ON M6E 2K8, call our dental clinic in Caledonia today to request a consultation.
When compared to metal fillings, inlays and onlays have three main benefits:
- Durability: Inlays and onlays near you are well-made and can last up to 30 years.
- Strength: Unlike traditional metal fillings which can decrease the strength of teeth by up to 50 percent, inlays and onlays actually serve to strengthen the teeth by up to 75 percent.
- Long-term solutions: Inlays and onlays extend tooth life and prevent the need for future dental treatment.
Dental inlays and onlays in York, ON M6E 2K8, are placed on a patient’s teeth when they have old fillings that require removal or replacement. Inlays are similar to fillings and fit inside the cusp tips (top edges) of the tooth. Onlays extend over the cusps of the affected teeth and are more extensive.
What is the Procedure for Inlays and Onlays?
Receiving inlays and onlays at our York dental clinic will require you to schedule two appointments. During the initial appointment, your dentist will administer local anesthesia, remove the old filling, and create an impression of the tooth. This impression is sent to a dental laboratory and used for the fabrication of the inlay or onlay. Inlays and onlays are designed from porcelain, gold or composite resin material. At the second appointment, the inlay or onlay is cemented into place.
Are you interested in receiving inlays and onlays in Caledonia? Call our dental clinic in York today to determine if you are the right candidate for this treatment!